The department has taken a phased approach to automating the business processes required to meet legislative requirements. The opportunity provided by this automated
system will ensure that industry clients are provided with efficient and consistent service from government departments providing access to Alberta's resources.
NOTE: The Emergency Order for the Protection of the Greater Sage-grouse under the federal Species at Risk Act comes into force
on February 18, 2014.
For more information on the Order, please contact:
- Canadian Wildlife Service, Environment Canada
Tel: 1 800 668-6767
The Emergency Order can be viewed at:
Due to the implementation of the Order, the Landscape Analysis Tool (LAT) will be updated to include a new Greater Sage-Grouse Emergency Order layer allowing the
client to identify when any proposed activity falls within that area covered under the Order. By making the applicant aware of activities falling within this zone,
they will be able to review the requirements of the Order and ensure any application submitted to the regulating bodies does not contravene the prohibitions set
out in the Order.
Based on the update to the LAT, any EAP application with LAT Reports generated on or before March 14, 2014, that have not already been successfully submitted as
part of a successful EAP disposition application will be automatically rejected by EDS on March 15, 2014.
The LAT is being modified to reflect an addition of a Sage Grouse Emergency Order Layer. Note that although the LAT Reports with the new federal layer will take
effect as of March 15, 2014, there is an expectation that companies must not contravene the prohibitions set out in the Emergency Order as of February 18th, as
indicated in the Order.
About the Electronic Disposition System (EDS)
The Electronic Disposition System (EDS) provides a web-based solution that includes the following features:
- Ability to submit applications and amendments including required attachments. Specified purpose codes for EZE, VCE, SML, REA, DML, DLO, DMS, DPL, DPI, MSL, PIL, PLA, LOC, RVC and MLL disposition types are included at this time.
- Ability to upload an encrypted compressed file containing disposition plans and metadata file.
- Ability for industry clients to associate 2 related surface dispositions through the web page and attach a single plan
for the applications.
- Ability to perform real time validation through the web interface. Business rule violations will be displayed back to
the industry client at the time of data entry to the database.
- Ability to notify client of unsuccessful submission and errors.
- Ability to automatically notify the industry client of the surface disposition number.
- Ability to submit applications, amendments, renewals, and final plan submissions filed under the Enhanced Approval Process (EAP).
- Ability to submit Site Entry Submissions for the Enhanced Approval Process (EAP).
- Ability to submit amendments for MLL dispositions.
- Ability to submit SML Annual Returns and SML Accrual Reports.
- Ability to manage and maintain SML returns and accrual clients.
- Ability to submit applications for Reclamation Certificates using electronic payment (E-pay).
- Ability to submit a request for Status of an application or amendment.
Clients will need to acquire a GoA account and password in order to access EDS. To acquire a GoA account, please download
the User ID Request Form for EDS and PCS in the Electronic Disposition System (EDS) section at:
Further details regarding EDS can be found at:
EDS Aggregate Annual Return User Manual– Apr 16,
2012 (52 pages, 3.5 MB)
EDS-Disposition Renewals User Manual
– Nov 13 2014 (17 pages, <1 MB)
EDS First Nation Consultation User Manual– Aug 27,
2012 (43 pages, 1.9 MB)
EDS – Land Status Check Manual– Jan 2012 (13 pages, <1 MB)
EDS – No Entry User Manual– Jun 27, 2013 (20 pages, <1 MB)
EDS - Plan Confirmation Service & Land Analysis Tool Access User Manual–
Apr 3, 2012 (11 pages, <1 MB)
EDS – Public Land Disposition Amendments User Manual–
Apr 7, 2014 (23 pages, 1.7 MB)
EDS - Reclamation Certificates and E-Payment User Manual–
Jun 22, 2012 (24 pages, 1.9 MB)
EDS – Site Entry User Guide– Mar 18, 2016 (12 pages, <1 MB)
EDS – Surface Disposition User Manual– Apr 25, 2012
(42 pages, 2.8 MB)
EDS Surface Material Lease User Manual– Oct 2012 (47
pages, 2.4 MB)
EDS Online Services - Hours of Operation
EDS online services are accessible from 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The system is unsupported outside of normal business hours. For Help Desk support/hours, see:
Updated: May 20, 2016